Thanks for entrusting Meterian with your code projects and your personal information. We treat access to your private information as a serious responsibility. Should you have any questions about this topic write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Services are intended for users who are 18 years or older. If you are under 18, you are not permitted to use our services.
1. Who we are
We are a cybersecurity company based in London, UK. We have developed the Services to provide an automated and easy-to-read analysis of your software applications so you can easily see, manage, and address known security, stability and licensing risks across the lifecycle of your applications.
We are registered as a controller with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) under number ZA503201. We are the controller (ie we make decisions about how your personal information is used) when you register for our Services (whether for free or as a subscribed customer), use our website and our platform and when we have a direct relationship with you.
2. The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer personal data about you, if you:
- use our Services;
- access our websites or communicate with us through them; or
- if you otherwise connect or have a relationship with us.
Registering for a free trial requires acceptance of our terms and conditions.
We may also obtain and use:
- technical data;
- analytical and usage data;
- information from social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (which may be relevant for any interest based advertising); and
- any other personal information that you may provide to us or we may require in order to deal with your enquiry.
3. How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it which include the following:
- to respond to any request from you for information on our Services (necessary steps before entering into a contract or for your and our legitimate business interests);
- to register you as a user of our Services (and when you subscribe to our Services we will set you up with a contract with us);
- to provide you with our Services (in performance of our contract with you);
- to manage your relationship with us, including to provide you with service updates, support, change notifications, or to ask you for feedback on our Services (in performance of our contract with you and for our and your legitimate interests in ensuring you are able to optimise use of our Services);
- to analyse and improve our Services and user relationships (either for performance of our contract or for our legitimate interests in reviewing how people use our Services and to improve our Services);
- to recommend our Services which may be of interest to you, when you opt-into receiving these notifications (with your consent). You may opt-out at any time via an unsubscribe option on any email or by contacting email@example.com;
- to enforce or defend any legal obligation or rights or to comply with any legal obligation.
Our legitimate interest: Where we rely on our legitimate interests in using personal data, we consider our interests in conducting, managing and developing our business to enable us to give you the best service and your business interests in receiving the best service from us. We consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights and ensure that this use is fair, proportionate and in line with what you might expect.
4. How we share your personal data
We use third parties to process some of your personal data on our behalf. When we allow them access to your data, we do not permit them to use it for their own purposes. They are not permitted to keep the data after our relationship with them has ended, unless required by law.
We use the following service providers:
- Akamai – to provide hosting services and our web servers are located in the UK;
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter – for marketing communications or messaging on the grounds of our legitimate interest in providing a secure service;
- Gmail, HubSpot – to send emails;
- Google Analytics – to monitor and analyse use of our Services (as described below).
We may use other service providers from time to time and we will update this page with details of any of our major service providers who may have access to personal information.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Services.
On our website, we use Google Analytics to help us understand, in anonymised form, how the site is being used. We have set Google to automatically delete collected user data after 14 months (the minimum time Google allows). You can opt out of using Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add On here.
Our platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party on-line advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party service providers to provide you with targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We permit these companies to collect information about your use of our website. Our third-party partners and we use this information to make the advertisements more relevant to your interests, as well as provide reporting, attribution, analytics and market research.
We are not otherwise responsible for the ways in which these advertising and social media platforms might use your personal data. Please look at the privacy policies and preference centres available on these platforms to understand more how your personal data is used and what options you might have in respect of it.
5. International transfers
We may transfer, store and process your personal data to service providers outside the UK or European Economic Area. If we do so, we ensure that your personal data is transferred in a way so that it is safeguarded and treated in accordance with comparable legal standards as we have in the UK.
6. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other service providers who have a business need to know and they are contractually obliged to keep this information confidential.
7. Data retention and deletion
Any user, whether a paid or free-trial customer, can request to have their account deleted at any time. This can be done by contacting us. Free trial accounts that have used the API request or logged in into their account dashboard at least once and have been inactive for six months are deleted automatically.
For paying customers, we retain information that identifies you for the duration of time when you are registered with or use the Services, for as long as we have a relationship with you, as is necessary for us to perform our obligations to you to enforce or defend any legal claims or as is required by applicable law. We must keep records of all completed transactions for tax purposes.
If we no longer need your personal information, it will be securely disposed of or anonymised.
8. Your data protection rights
You have rights to access the information that we hold on you, to correct it and (in certain circumstances) to ask us to limit or stop processing or delete that information or to transfer that information to you or another provider. Under data protection law, your rights include:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – In addition to your ability to delete your account as described above, you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not normally required to pay a fee to exercise your rights. If you make a request, we will try to respond to you as soon as possible within one month. It may take longer if your request is complex or if you have made a number of requests. If this is the case, we will let you know and keep you updated.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
9. Further details
If we are unable to answer your question or satisfy your request, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (ico.org.uk).